CV using LaTeX


So for a while I've been wanting to redesign my CV with LaTeX, the main reason being it's typeset makes the CV look so professional & plus formatting a document properly in Microsoft Word is such a faff. And what better way to write documents than to actually code [used Kate] and compile it [used the command line]. [Reasons why LaTeX is awesome #1 #2]

Right! Let's get cracking!

  1. Few setup instructions: I've got the TexLive setup environment in Ubuntu 12.04. TexLive contains all the LaTex packages you will require like fonts, mathematical symbols..etc.
  2. My CV (the output): My CV in pdf format gets dowloaded if you click the link.
  3. The Latex code: At the moment, it's a very hacked form of the code found in this wonderfully written blog. When my code compiles it complaints about incorrect sequences and missing item elements but hey, Texlive still manages to give me the desired output. I'd like to revisit the code and fix all these issues at some point. But for the time being, it's Job Hunt time! :D

Also, I'd like to try out Lyx at some point - supposed to be a good LaTeX editor/GUI [which can be easily downloaded on Ubuntu via the Synaptic Package Manager, but I'm a big fan of the Command Line].

No comments:

Post a Comment